Southern Surrogacy, LLC is a subsidiary of the law firm of Claiborne & Fox, PLLC, which also has an of-counsel affiliation with the law firm of Claiborne & Fox, LLC. Together, the law firms and Southern Surrogacy provide a full-service surrogacy program in which legal services are rendered in conjunction with surrogacy recruiting, pre-screening, case management, and other related services. Unlike other programs, we include legal costs for representing Intended Parents as part of our Program Fee. The current Program Fee is $23,500 and covers the following services and expenses (to be provided either by Southern Surrogacy or appropriate professionals designated by Southern Surrogacy):
- Marketing and recruiting potential Gestational Carriers matching Intended Parents’ criteria;
- Interviewing potential Gestational Carriers in-person at one of our 3 offices, or off-site when logistics call for off-site in person meeting;
- Computerized background checks;
- A home visit by a licensed mental health professional (or person otherwise qualified by certification and/or experience) to interview and pre-screen Gestational Carrier and meet her family in their home environment;
- Referrals to other professionals if Intended Parents have not already selected a fertility center, psychologist, OB, hospital, etc.;
- Referral for review of Gestational Carrier’s medical insurance policy and advice on additional insurance options, both provided by an outside insurance professional;
- Intended Parents’ legal fees in connection with the contract, including advising, drafting, negotiation and implementation;
- Intended Parents’ legal fees in connection with an uncontested court action to establish Intended Parents’ legal parentage;
- Trust account maintenance and administration;
- Coordination of medical screening with Intended Parents’ designated fertility center;
- Case management and legal case coordination throughout the entire surrogacy process; and
- Obtaining separate legal counsel for Gestational Carrier, negotiating fees (Gestational Carrier’s legal fees to be paid separately by Intended Parents), and negotiating the surrogacy agreement and related documents.
The Surrogacy Program Fee is paid in 2 installments – the 1st is upon hiring Southern Surrogacy and the 2nd is upon Surrogate completing the medical screening process. Additionally, unlike other programs where the entire fee is earned once the contract has been signed, Southern Surrogacy offers partial refunds in the event that things do not go as planned.
Additional costs not covered by the Program Fee include, but are not limited to, the following: fees due to the fertility center; compensation and expense reimbursements due to the Surrogate; Intended Parents psychological consult (including their psychologist’s evaluation of the Surrogate and the group meeting); court filing fees; and potential additional legal fees for special legal situations (to be discussed with Intended Parents up front).
PLEASE INQUIRE SHOULD YOU DESIRE UNBUNDLED OR SPECIAL INDIVIDUALIZED ENHANCED SERVICES AND WE WILL DISCUSS FEES AND AVAILABILITY.